Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Useful information about antiviruses

I'll be the first to admit I did not know much about computers.I always thought when you got a computer it came with everything you needed.What I didn't know was that you always need an anti-virus on your computer to keep it from crashing.My computer of course came with that,but I did not know after a certain length of time you have to pay to renew it.


I always thought the terminally on a computer was strange.Things like anti-virus,checking the cookies,The mouse,seemed crazy to me.Well after I found out that I had been running my computer with no anti-virus program I didn't know what to do.My husband and I are on a fixed income so I couldn't really afford to buy anything else for the computer.It took me years to save up to get this computer.I never expected you could get something at no cost to you.I found out that there are many free sites to get a anti-virus program.

There are several reasons why you should use security software to protect your personal information and your computer while online. Security software offers Internet users with protection against viruses, worms, spyware and other programs that are designed to influtrate your computer system without your permission.Internet security software will help prevent identity theft. 


The Internet has changed the way the we live, we work and we play. We are connected to people and information from different parts of the world in a matter of seconds. The Internet has revolutionized the way we conduct business or look fro a job. The only negative aspect is that the Internet has created a new form of crime, cyber crime. Protect yourself while online with security software.

Most agencies are list on the web nowadays with contact information readily available.  If you receive communications that you are unsure of, call the agency first to see if the emails are legitimate. 
Do not click on or save attachments that come with government emails. Delete these files. Unfortunately, sometimes even the best security isn’t good enough. Computers are expensive, and it makes sense to protect your investment from anything that could harm it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment